The role is generalist in nature and comes with the expectation that candidates are new or early in their careers and bring experience, expertise, and/or enthusiasm in one, or several, marketing arenas to help drive Penflex’s marketing strategy forward.
We are a small, family-run business with 100+ employees here in the US. As a small operation, there is an expectation that you will directly impact the success of the marketing function.
Our marketing specialist will be involved in all areas of marketing from the more technical—website SEO, list management across technology stack, etc.—to the more relational—industry events, brand awareness projects, etc. The role reports into the VP of Marketing, and will work closely with sales, engineering, quality, and production.
Based in Boca Raton, FL area the role requires travel from time to time, perhaps once a quarter. Penflex’s main office is outside Philadelphia, PA and we have an additional operation in Houston, TX.
- Website: SEO enhancements and assistance with updating existing and creating new content for website blog to improve visibility; keeps video and photo galleries and homepage up to date.
- CRM Management: Manages addition of new contacts to Mailchimp and Pipedrive; improves information sync between systems; ensures contact information is up to date.
- List Development: Develops lists via LinkedIn and industry association scraping for cold outreach campaigns to develop leads for sales.
- Email Marketing: Development of email campaigns to various audience segments.
- Events: Coordination of shipments to and from trade shows and conferences; support lead collection at events; occasional attendance at these events.
- Social Media: Management of Penflex’s LinkedIn and Facebook channels.
- Tracking: Effectively summarize impact of efforts across marketing channels
IDEAL (NOT REQUIRED!) BACKGROUND & EXPERIENCE
- BA in marketing, business, communications, journalism, or related field.
- Work experience in marketing, advertising, communications, or related field.
- Customer service experience, whether or not within the context of marketing.
- Knowledge of systems we use: Mailchimp, Pipedrive, Google Analytics, & WordPress.
- Ability to develop insights based on data analysis.
INTANGIBLES THAT MAKE A DIFFERENCE
- Solid work ethic and desire to constantly learn and develop professionally.
- Good problem solver with a proactive approach to resolving challenges or issues.
- Uses data and information to inform decision making and can both execute on decisions and articulate why decisions were made.
- Places a high value on customer service as it’s something that sets Penflex apart from the competition.
- Organized and ability to manage projects from start to finish.
- Team player with good communication skills.
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.