DNV GL Certification
Penflex single and double braided 700 Series sizes 2 ½” to 12” (DN65 – DN300) and P3 Series sizes ¼” to 2” (DN6 – DN50) comply with DNV GL standards pertaining to metal hose.
- DNV GL rules for classification: Ships Pt. 4 Ch. 6 Piping Systems
- DNV GL offshore standards (OS): DNVGL-OS-D101 Marine machinery systems and equipment
- DNV GL class programmes (CP): DNVGL-CP-0184 Flexible hoses with permanent fitted couplings
Penflex has also received DNV GL Certification for assemblies, marked by the awarding of our DNV GL Welding Workshop Approval Certificate.
PED – Pressure Equipment Directive Certification
Penflex’s corrugated hose seam welding procedures are qualified for pressure equipment in categories I, II, III and IV of PED 97/23/EC.
- ASTM A-240 316L hose in wall thickness 0.006” to 0.012”, 0.015” to 0.030” Applicable to Penflex P3, P4, 716, 816, 916 Series
- ASTM B-127 Monel 400 hose in wall thicknesses 0.010” to 0.020” applicable to Penflex Series 740 Hose
- ASTM B-575 Hastelloy C276 hose in wall thickness 0.010” to 0.020” applicable to Penflex Series 776 Hose
Please contact your distributor for further information.
Quality Management System ISO 9001:2015 Certificate
Penflex’s Quality Management System has been certified for the design and manufacture of flexible metal hose, braid, expansion joints, welding turntables and accessories for uses including critical applications.
CRN (Canadian Registration Number) Certificate
The Canadian Registration Number (CRN) is a number issued by each province or territory in Canada by an authorized safety authority for any boiler, pressure vessel or fitting that operates at a pressure greater than 15 psig (1 barg). If your pressure retaining product or system operates at a pressure greater than 15 psig you may require a Canadian Registration Number (CRN) to legally install and operate your product in Canada.
The CRN identifies that the design has been accepted and registered for use in that province or territory. P3 – CRN 0D20172.5 applies to P3 for use in Ontario.
California Proposition 65 Statement
A California law, Health & Safety Code § 24925.5 et seq., better known as Proposition 65, requires that warnings be provided for products that may expose individuals to trace amounts of lead and other substances, irrespective of their safety or compliance with other laws. Penflex Stainless Steel, Inconel, Monel, Hastelloy and Bronze Hose and Braid are considered “lead free” and safe to convey or dispense water for human consumption through drinking or cooking under federal law, but because they may contain trace amounts of lead (less than 0.05% by weight) we provide these products with the following warning under Proposition 65, which applies only in the State of California: