Penflex designs and manufactures metal bellows and expansion joints in an effort to offer a broad range of flexible piping solutions to customers across industries.
Key Features of Penflex Expansion Joints
- Multi-ply bellows for maximum cycle life under stringent conditions
- Bellow material: 304, 316L, 321, Inconel® 625, 600 & 825, Hastelloy® C-22 & C-276, Monel® 400
- Pipe sizes of 2-1/2” through 30,” with tooling up to 120” available
- Designed per EJMA, B31.3 or B31.1 specifications
- Various attachments available: Fixed Flanges, Floating Flanges (Vanstone), RF Flanges, Weld Nipples
- Universal and Pressure Balanced Joints are available
- Pump Connectors 3”ND to 12”ND in stock
- Various materials in stock for a quick response and lead time
- Structural welding is in accordance to ASME Section IX
- Markets served: Steel Mills, Power Generation, Engine Exhaust, Heat Exchangers, Petrochemical, Pulp & Paper, Ship Building, Fuel Cells, Chemical Processing and Waste Water
- NDE available: Pressure Testing, Liquid Penetrant Testing, Fluorescent Penetrant Testing and Radiography
Contact Us with Your Specific Expansion Joint Needs
When to Use an Expansion Joint
Some applications lend themselves to either a metal hose or to an expansion joint, but more often than not, there is a preferred option. A few key application criteria let us know when to use an expansion joint instead of a hose. These criteria are listed below, but for further reading, please see this engineering bulletin.
- Axial Movement
- Vibration Damping
- Exotic Material Requirements
- Space Limitations
- Size Requirements
Sometimes the answer may not be so clear, and rather than deciding between an expansion joint and hose, the ideal solution may be a combination of the two.